Friday, March 21, 2014

A CONVERSATION BETWEEN MOM & YAM



Ito ang naging usapan namin ni Yam noong isang gabi pagkatapos ng kanyang 'night prayer'...

MOM: Oh Yam. you are graduating na from high school ah... Which would you like to take up in college, Information Technology (IT) or Photography?

YAM: Eh, I would like to take up IT but I can't...

MOM: Why you can't?

YAM: Because I think, I am not capable enough to work in the office just like other people... Baka they will not accept me... Baka my boss will always get mad at me...

MOM: Awww... don't say that ah. Kasi you are intelligent and I believe in your ability. (Sinikap kong i-motivate siya dahil parang napapansin ko lumulungkot ang boses niya).

YAM: Yes, I'm intelligent but I am 'Sped'... Bakit kasi ako naging 'Sped', gusto kong magpaka normal kaya lang I was born special...

MOM: Oh eh you should be glad kasi 'special' ka, sila eh hindi. In the sight of GOD you are so special and it is not because you are 'Sped' ('Sped' is the term he usually used for 'special child') kasi you are a God fearing person... A very loving and an obedient child... Kaya nga your dad and I are very lucky to have you, anak.

YAM: Okay... Baka I'll take up na lang 'Photography' so that I can always take a picture of God's creations especially the SKY. Because beyond the SKY is HEAVEN. I might capture GOD's FACE up there. Do you think, I can capture GOD's FACE in the SKY?

I paused for a while... Para akong maiiyak! Sa napaka-inosenteng pag-iisip ng anak ko, naiisip pa niya ang ganitong mga bagay...

MOM: Ay, s'yempre ah because God is everywhere. Whenever and wherever you take a shot, you'll see God lalo na He is always with you because He loves you, don't you know that?

YAM: Yes, I know! I will take up 'Photography' na lang kasi GOD WILL BE MY OFFICEMATE.

MOM: Yes, He will be your officemate and boss as well. So nobody will get mad at you.

Dumaloy nang tuluyan ang luha sa aking pisngi. Dahil sa kabila ng 'kalagayan' ng anak ko... Pagtitiwala at pagsandal sa Diyos ang nasa kanyang puso. Lubos akong nagagalak dahil nagbunga ang aming pagtatanim at pagmumulat sa kanya noong siya ay maliit pa lamang na bata tungkol sa pag-ibig ng Diyos at ang magkaroon ng pananampalataya, takot at pagsunod sa Dakilang Lumikha.

Kahit 'special child' si Yam, mas nakahihigit pa siya sa ibang mga bata dahil bukod sa siya ay matalino at mabait, siya rin ay masunurin at mapagmahal sa kanyang mga magulang at kapwa. At higit sa lahat ay may pananampalataya at pag-ibig sa Panginoong Diyos.

We are so proud of you, Yam. We love you so much and we are very sure that God loves you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment